Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Schedule

GOAL: To have a 1600 rating (standard) by 12/31/07

ISSUES: I think that ICC is the next best thing to playing a face-to-face game. But I know that I need to enroll in the USCF and start playing every weekend.

The USCF FAQ's have a lot of useful info on playing rated games.

One thing to note is the ratings. Once I play 20 games I am no longer provisional. Chaning my rating will be much more difficult, after a game my rating can change between -40 to +40 points.


DAILY SCHEDULE (11/29 - 12/13):
  • Board Vision (60 minutes)
  • Practice Tactics (60 minutes)
  • Play a 90/5 game vs. 1600 Chessmaster (95 minutes)


REFERENCES:

Board Vision: Michael de la Maza's article "400 points in 400 days Part I" on ChessCafe.com
Practice Tactics: How to get to 1900

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep them posts comin'.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home